Now that Temecula is a must-visit destination for fans of wine tasting, it’s no surprise that Temecula Valley Jeep & Wine Tours are such a popular way to explore the region’s wineries. Instead of coming up with your own itinerary and worrying about safe transportation between local vineyards, why not relax in the back of an open-air Jeep and soak in the gorgeous Southern California landscape? If you’re thinking about embarking on a Jeep adventure through the Temecula wine country, here are 5 things you need to know:
1. The Jeep tour involves more than just a Jeep
Temecula Jeep tours aim to combine the fun of wine tasting with the excitement of off-roading. Tour participants will visit three local wineries and their tasting rooms, plus receive guided crush pad and barrel room tours. In between wineries, our experienced tour guides offer insights into the region’s history and winemaking, and the tour concludes with a safe off-roading adventure through the backcountry filled with lush vineyards and citrus groves. Refreshments are also included in the tour, along with free hotel pickup and return.
2. Your Jeep tour will include visits to three Temecula wineries
The wineries included in Temecula Valley Jeep & Wine Tours are based on vineyard availability and season, but we work with a select group of local wineries to give you the best sampling of what the region has to offer. Jeep tour destinations might include:
- Bel Vino Winery: A 40-acre winery with sweeping 360-degree views of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
- Robert Renzoni Vineyards: A family-focused winery that starting crafting wine in Italy’s northern coast in 1886.
- Callaway Winery: An award-winning winery that honors nature by including insect and wildlife habitats between vineyard rows.
- Longshadow Ranch: An Old West-themed winery based on six generations of vineyard expertise.
- Danza del Sol Winery: A winery with rustic Mediterranean style and first-class hospitality.
3. Whichever time of day you choose to tour, we’ll feed you!
Temecula Valley Jeep & Wine Tours offers both private and group tour packages at different times of the day. Morning and afternoon Jeep tours in Temecula are similar, although they differ in the refreshments offered: morning Jeep tours include a picnic style lunch with gourmet sandwiches made fresh to order, and afternoon tours include a cheese, salami, and cracker appetizer. Bottled water is provided with all tour options.
4. You’ll want to dress for the weather (and bring a little extra cash for souvenirs)
Southern California is famous for its sunny weather, but rain, wind, and chilly temperatures are possible during the winter months so you’ll want dress according to the season and bring along an extra layer depending on the forecast. It’s also a good idea to bring extra spending money for bottles of wine and other souvenirs, and while certain tasting fees are included in the tour, there will be opportunities to try additional wines along the way.
5. You can make it an all-day affair with additional tour package options
If you want to experience the best of the Temecula wine country, we offer full-day adventures that include a Jeep winery tour and a hot-air balloon ride. The Balloon, Jeep & Wine Tour lasts approximately eight hours and includes a 45-60 minute ride in a gorgeous hot-air balloon as the sun rises while sipping champagne mimosas or non-alcoholic apple cider. Next, you’ll enjoy a continental breakfast before embarking on a tour through select wineries in an open-air Jeep. The Jeep tour portion of the day also includes a picnic style lunch and a bit of safe off-roading. Free Temecula hotel pick-up and return is included in the tour package.
Ready to soak in the beauty of the Temecula wine country with the best Jeep tours in town?
Temecula is fast becoming a wine tourism hotspot on par with Napa and Sonoma. If you want to experience all the region has to offer, call Temecula Valley Jeep & Wine Tours at (951) 240-6646 or fill out our contact form and schedule your wine tasting adventure today.